Datatables are database dependent applications that can be formatted for display in a variety of ways on a number of devices. The most common use of datatables in Solodev CMS is the creation and management of web forms that involve users interacting with form field(s) requiring data submission and retrieval. Mobile apps can also be powered using datatables and the Solodev API.
When you create a form using the table schema or the form builder application, a database table is dynamically created, as well as a grid to view and interact with the data. You can also upload an HTML template. This is recommended if you need a more custom or complicated form.
A datatable is one of the most powerful objects in the Solodev CMS and can be used to power:
- Web Forms
- Contact Lists
- Employee Listings
- News or Blog Feeds
- Events Calendars
- Photo Galleries
- Landing Pages for Marketing Purposes
- And More!
There are three types of Datatables:
- General - A general datatable can be used for both internal and external use, on the internet or intranet and contains advanced, table schema, and API options.
- Web - A web datatable provides more web-based functionality such as web properties to get and push data from the server side to the client side, specify the display of data, send emails under certain conditions, provide advanced options, access to table schema and API information.
- Form - A form datatable provides the functionality to create rich HTML forms for display on the front-end of the website to gather information, send emails upon form submission, provide advanced options as well as provide access to table schema and API information.
Solodev datatables allow you to build:
- User Interface - Build custom user interfaces to interact with your data.
- Database Schemas - Define fields and Solodev CMS builds tables to store data.
- Categorization - Create a system of relationships and categorization for your data.
- RESTful APIs - Utilize a built-in API to expose datatable information to external publishing channels such as websites, mobile apps, intranets and other API enabled technologies.
Browse the following topics to learn more about datatables and how they can be implemented within Solodev.
|Add a Datatable||Steps on how to add a datatable|
|Modify a Datatable||Information regarding editing an existing datatable|
|Delete a Datatable||How to delete one or more selected datatables|
|General Datatable Options||Every datatable allows you to specify some general options to help you better organize your datatable and its information|
|Advanced Options||The advanced tab gives you the ability to select a form template, define datatable category groups, enable CAPTCHA and other options|
|Website Properties||The "Website Properties" tabs controls how your datatable will appear on your website|
|Email Options||Email related configuration settings including tickler email addresses, return pages, and more|
|Table Schema||The table schema allows you to specify what sort of data will be entered in your various input fields and how it will be stored|
|API Info||Access and leverage the data stored in your Solodev Datatables via API and integrate with third party applications or power data rich applications such as mobile apps|
|Response Emails||With datatables, including forms and calendars that you can build, you have the capability of generating response emails automatically every time a user submits information|
|Connect Your Form to a Datatable||You can easily connect and existing form to a new datatable|
|Add a Module to a Page||How to add a module (datatables, calendars, etc.) to web pages in Solodev|
|Custom Workflow||Solodev allows you to create custom workflows that trigger certain actions when certain conditions are met within a datatable submission process|